While visiting China might be exciting, it can also be difficult if you don’t speak the language. Understanding how to book a hotel in Chinese is among the most crucial things to know while organizing a vacation. In this language tutorial, we’ll show you exactly how to book a hotel in Mandarin, along with useful phrases that will make speaking with the hotel personnel easier.
Step 1: Research Your Options
Look at your options before making a hotel reservation in China. Agoda, Ctrip, and Booking.com are examples of online booking systems. You can also book a hotel directly or through a travel agency. Making a reservation for a hotel is the following action after choosing one is what you should do.
Step 2: Make a Hotel Reservation in Chinese
It can be a little difficult to make a hotel reservation in Mandarin, but it can be much simpler with the correct words. Some key words and phrases are listed below:
- 我想预订一个房间。(Wǒ xiǎng yùdìng yīgè fángjiān.) – “I would like to book a room.”
- 我需要一个双人房。（Wǒ xūyào yīgè shuāngrénfáng.） – “I need a double room.”
- 我想住三天。（Wǒ xiǎng zhù sān tiān.） – “I want to stay for three days.”
Step 3: Confirming Your Reservation
You need to confirm the specifics of your reservation, including the cost and any special requirements. Some keywords and phrases are listed below:
1.你好，请问有空房间吗？(nǐ hǎo, qǐng wèn yǒu kòng fángjiān ma?) – Hello, do you have any available rooms?
2.我想订一间房间。(wǒ xiǎng dìng yī jiàn fángjiān.) – I would like to book a room.
3.请问您的房间有什么样的设施？(qǐng wèn nín de fángjiān yǒu shénme yàng de shèshī?) – What kind of amenities do your rooms have?
4.这是我的预订信息。（Zhè shì wǒ de yùdìng xìnxī.） – “This is my reservation information.”
5.请问这个价格包括早餐吗？(qǐng wèn zhège jiàgé bāokuò zǎocān ma?) – Does this price include breakfast?
Step 4: Paying for Your Reservation
You must pay for your reservation when it has been confirmed. Some keywords and phrases are listed below:
- 我可以用支付宝/微信支付吗？(wǒ kěyǐ yòng zhīfùbǎo/wēixìn zhīfù ma?) – Can I pay with Alipay/WeChat Pay?
- 麻烦您给我一份账单。(máfan nín gěi wǒ yī fèn zhàngdān.) – Could you please give me a bill?
- 请问是否可以用信用卡支付？(qǐng wèn shìfǒu kěyǐ yòng xìnyòngkǎ zhīfù?) – Can I pay with a credit card?
- 请问是否可以开具发票？(qǐng wèn shìfǒu kěyǐ kāijù fāpiào?) – Can I get a receipt/invoice?
Step 5: Dealing with Potential Issues
Knowing how to handle any potential problems while making a hotel reservation in China is crucial. Some keywords and phrases are listed below:
- 请问我需要提供什么信息来取消预订？(qǐng wèn wǒ xūyào tígōng shénme xìnxī lái qǔxiāo yùdìng?) – What information do I need to provide to cancel my reservation?
- 你好，请问我可以取消我的预订吗？(nǐ hǎo, qǐng wèn wǒ kěyǐ qǔxiāo wǒ de yùdìng ma?) – Hello, may I cancel my reservation?
- 不好意思，因为一些原因我需要取消我的预订。(bù hǎoyìsi, yīnwèi yīxiē yuányīn wǒ xūyào qǔxiāo wǒ de yùdìng.) – I’m sorry, but due to some reasons, I need to cancel my reservation.
- 麻烦您帮我取消我的预订。(máfan nín bāng wǒ qǔxiāo wǒ de yùdìng.) – Could you please help me cancel my reservation?
Common Hotel Vocabulary in Chinese
You can talk to hotel staff better if you know how to say the following words in Mandarin:
- 酒店 (jiǔdiàn) – hotel
- 客房 (kèfáng) – guest room
- 单人间 (dānrénjiān) – single room
- 双人间 (shuāngrénjiān) – double room
- 无烟房 (wúyānfáng) – non-smoking room
- 大床房 (dàchuángfáng) – king-sized bed room
- 电梯 (diàntī) – elevator
- 前台 (qiántái) – front desk
- 行李 (xínglǐ) – luggage
- 餐厅 (cāntīng) – restaurant
- 早餐 (zǎocān) – breakfast
- 洗手间 (xǐshǒujiān) – bathroom
- 空调 (kōngtiáo) – air conditioning
- 网络 (wǎngluò) – internet
1.How do I know if a hotel is reputable in China?
- Look for hotels that have received certification from the regional tourism organization, and evaluate and rate them online.
2.Can I book a hotel without a credit card in China?
- Depending on the hotel, a deposit or credit card number can be required to confirm a reservation.
3.Is it cheaper to book a hotel in China online or offline?
- Although many online booking services provide reasonable pricing, researching costs and available options before making a reservation is always a good idea.
Join our Internship Program in China.
Get to learn about our SUMMER CAMP in 2023!
Get to know holidays in China in 2023.
Get free Chinese learning resources.
Read about the Spring Festival Celebration on NRK’s website: https://www.nrk.no/norge/harens-ar-1.16270652#top.