Many of us long for the enlightening experience of travel. Understanding how to talk about journeys in Chinese will be helpful, as it is crucial in many talks. This page will walk you through various vocabulary, questions, and expressions connected to travel.
Let’s start by looking at some typical expressions used when discussing travel.
- I like to travel. – Wǒ xǐhuān lǚxíng (我喜欢旅行).
- I am going on a trip. – Wǒ yào qù lǚxíng (我要去旅行).
- I just came back from a trip. – Wǒ gāng cóng lǚxíng huílái (我刚从旅行回来).
- I am going to visit Beijing. – Wǒ yào qù bǎifǎng Běijīng (我要去拜访北京).
- I have already visited Shanghai. – Wǒ yǐjīng fǎngguò Shànghǎi (我已经访过上海).
The terms listed below can be used when discussing travel.
- Passport: Hùzhào (护照).
- Luggage: Xínglǐ (行李).
- Plane: Fēijī (飞机).
- Train: Huǒchē (火车).
- Bus: Gōnggòng qìchē (公共汽车).
- Hotel: Jiǔdiàn (酒店).
- Restaurant: Cāntīng (餐厅).
- Museum: Bówùguǎn (博物馆).
Questions and Answers
You may need to pose or respond to several questions about your travels. Here are a few illustrations.
- Where are you going? – Nǐ yào qù nǎlǐ? (你要去哪里?)
- I am going to Chengdu. – Wǒ yào qù Chéngdū (我要去成都).
- How are you going there? – Nǐ zěnme qù nà? (你怎么去那?)
- I am going by plane. – Wǒ dà fēijī qù (我打飞机去).
- Where are you staying? – Nǐ zài nǎlǐ zhù? (你在哪里住?)
- I am staying at a hotel. – Wǒ zài jiǔdiàn zhù (我在酒店住).
Discussing Past Trips
Past travels are a frequent topic of conversation. These words and phrases are helpful.
- I went to Xi’an last year: Wǒ qùnián qùle Xī’ān (我去年去了西安).
- I visited the Terracotta Warriors: Wǒ cānguānle bīngmǎ yǒng (我参观了兵马俑).
- I tried delicious food: Wǒ chángshìle měiwèi de shíwù (我尝试了美味的食物).
- The people were very friendly: Rénmen hěn yǒu hǎo (人们很友好).
Learning to converse in Mandarin regarding tourism will improve your conversations and your trip when you visit China. You can connect with people who share your enthusiasm for exploration through it, in addition to being able to share your past experiences and future ambitions. If you take the time to practice these words and phrases, you’ll soon be able to talk about your vacation plans with ease.
Contact our head teacher, Chen Huimin, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to learn Chinese or have additional questions about our Chinese programs.
Learn about our Internship Program in China.
Learn about holidays in China in 2023.
Get free Chinese learning resources.